I drove myself to the hospital early Sunday morning on 11/20 because I knew I was in pre-term labor. I was nearly sick to my stomach to think that this was happening AGAIN! I was so hopeful that the weekly progesterone injections they had me on to keep me from going into pre-term labor would keep this baby in. Kaycee got the kids packed up and took them to his parents. In the mean-time, my mom came to be with me. The nurses immediately started fluids and gave me a series of shots to try to stop the labor. After this proved to be unsuccessful in stopping the labor, they began the magnesium sulfate. I spent 2 days on the miserable and no-fun magnesium and thankfully they were able to get the 2 steroid injections in to help develop baby's lungs.
On the evening of the 22nd, Kaycee stayed with me until 9 in the evening or so and then went home to try to get a good night's rest. My OB doctor was hopeful that I would get to go home on bed rest the following day. However around 2 in the morning, I started feeling some major contractions again. This time, they were not going to be too aggressive in stopping the labor. This baby was on her way. I called Kaycee and told him to come right away. My labor progressed quickly and all went incredibly well. At 4:50 am, we were surprised by a beautiful little girl. For the fourth time, we had no clue if we were having a boy or girl...best surprise ever!
1 comment:
Aunt Jill --
We all enjoyed those pictures! The eyes open ones are especially sweet. Precious memories!
Charity U
Post a Comment